1. SparkNotes Editors. (2002). SparkNote on Yeats's Poetry. Retrieved
December 9, 2017, from http://www.sparknotes.com/poetry/yeats/
2. Symons, Arthur. (1919) The Symbolist Movement in Literature. Dutton
and Compant. http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/53849
3. For ease of reference I have used The Collected Poems of W.B. Yeats
(Macmillan, 1935) throughout, though many poems that Yeats wrote were
omitted. Of the 66 poems making up The Winding Stair (1933), for
example, only 28 appear in the Collected Poems.
4. Batchelor and Master Editors. William Butler Yeats as a Symbolist.
Retrieved December 13, 2017 from
see: Graf, S.J. (2000) W.B. Yeats Twentieth Century Magus: An In-Depth
Study of Yeat's Esoteric Practices and Beliefs, Including Excerpts from
His Magical Diaries. Red Wheel / Weiser. Good bibliography. Also:
Heine, E. W.B. Yeats: Poet and Astrologer in Culture and Cosmos. http://www.cultureandcosmos.org/pdfs/1-2/1_2_Heine_Yeats.pdf
5. Abrams, M.H. Poetry, Theories of entry in Alex Preminger's (Ed.) The
Princeton Handbook of Poetic Terms (1974).
6. Yeats, W.B. (1939) Letter to Lady Elizabeth Pelham 4 January 1939,
Letters p.922 in Press, John. (1969) A Map of Modern English Verse.
7. Press, John. (1969) 147.
8. Press, John. (1969) 147.
9. Holcombe, C.J. (2016) Sailing to Byzantium. Posted December 22, 2016
10. Bushrui, Suheil B and Prentki, Tim (1990) An International
Companion to the Poetry of W.B. Yeats. Rowmn and Littlefield.
11. Jeffares, Norman A. (2013) W.B. Yeats. Routledge 40 Google Books.
12. Mann, Neil. The System of W.B. Yeat's A Vision by Neil Mann.
Retrieved December 12, 2017 from. http://www.yeatsvision.com/
13. Mann, Neil (2012) Everywhere that Antinomy of the One and the Many:
the Foundations of a Vision in Mann, Neil, Gibson, Matthew and Nally,
Claire (eds). W. B. Yeats's "A Vision": Explications and Contexts
Clemson, SC: Clemson University Digital Press, 2012), xx, 374 pp.
Paper. ISBN 978-0-9835339-2-4
14. Ellmann, Richard (1948). Yeats: The Man and the Masks. (New York)
15.Kelly, Edward F. and Kelly, Emily Williams et al. (2007) The
Irreducible Mind: Toward a Psychology for the 21st Century Rowman and
Littlefield Publishers Inc. 2007.
16. Wikipedia editors. Astrology and Science. Retrieved December 13,
2017 from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology_and_science
17. McRitchie, Ken. Astrological Review Letters. Ken McRitchie.
Retrieved December 13, 2017 from
18. Borsboom, D. Measuring the Mind: Conceptual Issues in Contemporary
Psychometrics. C.U.P., 2005.
19. Martin, Whitney. The Problem with Using Personality Tests for
Hiring. Harvard Business Review, 27 August 2014.
20. Psychometric Success Staff. Even Popular Personality Tests Are
Controversial. Retrieved December 13, 2017 from
21. Currey, Robert. Empirical Astrology. Retrieved 14 December, 2017
22. Currey, Robert (2015) Is Astrology Divination? Retrieved December
14, 2017 from http://www.astrologer.com/tests/divination.htm
23. Eynsenk, Hans (1991) Michel Gauquelin Obituary. The Independent 20
June 1991. http://www.astrologer.com/bio/gauquelin.htm
24. Addey, John (1976) Harmonics in Astrology. TBS Book Service.
21. Holcombe, C.J. Symbolist Poets. Retrieved December 13, 2017 from
25. Mann, Neil (2016) The Automatic Script. Retrieved 14 December, 2017
26. Holcombe, C.J. Symbolist Poets. Retrieved 14th December, 2017 from
27. Holcombe, C.J. (2016) Ten Types of Literary Criticism. Ocaso Press,
28. Holcombe, C.J. (2015) Translating Sophocles 2.
29. Sophocles, Antigone (ed. Sir Richard Jebb).
30. Holcombe, C.J. (2008) Oedipus at Colonus by Sophocles.Ocaso Press.
31. Yeats and Sophocles in Laudator Temporis Acti. Blog of Michael
Sunday, November 27, 2005.
32. Poetry Foundation Authors. William Butler Yeats. Retrieved 15
December, 2017 from
33. Foster, Roy. Philosophy and a little passion: Roy Foster on WB
and politics. Retrieved 15 December, 2017 from
34. Graf, S.J. (2000) W.B. Yeats: Twentieth-Century Magus. Weisser Books.
35. Holcombe, C.J. (2016) Background to Critical Theory. Ocaso Press.